ROCK PAINTING

 ROCK PAINTING IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF ART ,ITS A WAY OF DISCOVERING NATURE FROM A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE.



My students were wondering from the very first day we started 'Rock collecting', that can we play with  them, colour them ,use them or just make them look different, So I was waiting for the right time, and then we decided one day to go for it.

 
After children discussed themselves, they came to the conclusion that Green and Yellow can be used to paint the rocks...I did this deliberately,I could have use all the colours to add more CREATIVITY(we are always giving this creativity factor our PRIORITY). But that day I  focused on other  important skills; I thought of building NEGOTIATING SKILLS ..to solve daily life situations.
 
 
These children were getting ready to start the move. Mostly, I usually explain the whole actvity to them, then I demonstrate it  by actually doing it (CHILDREN are VISUAL LEARNERS).And then they are allowed to do their own stuff ,thinking their own way and doing in their own creative styles.
 
 
And everybody did his own way of painting, look closely, see how different children held the rocks differently....
After we were done..I put their PAINTED ROCKS in a plastic bags to take away home....
Story never ends here, Next day We made stories using Rocks as our medium.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment